- Opportunity for Participation in a Research Study[A limited number of slots are available for which pre-health professions majors may be eligible to participate as subjects in IRB-approved clinical research studies, and learn firsthand about clinical research study design and execution.]
The University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy Research Clinic is seeking healthy adults to participate in a clinical study.
Are you interested in participating in a research study? The University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy Research Clinic is looking for healthy adults, 18-60 years old, to participate in a clinical study for the antimalarial drug, Primaquine.
The study will require about ten visits to the clinic over a 3-week period. Compensation is available. The principal investigator for this study is Dr. Babu Tekwani. Please contact Dr. Babu Tekwani or Kerri Harrison at 662-915-2103 if you are interested.
- The North Mississippi VISTA Project at the University of Mississippi seeks dynamic individuals to serve as Volunteers in Service to America (VISTAs). Each of these full-time, one-year placements is supported by AmeriCorps with a modest living allowance, health benefits, and an education award. VISTAs serve throughout North Mississippi to build sustainable systems for fighting poverty through education. Overviews of available VISTA positions are listed below. If you have questions or want to apply, please contact Susan Nicholas: email@example.com or (662) 915‐1905, or Tierney Charlton: firstname.lastname@example.org or (662 915-8810). Please view further details.
- Join the American Red Cross: In Your Community! WHAT: THE COMFORT CART PROJECT: Comfort Cart volunteers enhance the residents’ daily life experiences with personal visits and various recreational activities. Specific tasks are based on calendar of events and needs on that day. WHERE: Mississippi State Veteran’s Home 5 minutes from the Ole Miss Campus. WHEN: Program start date, Monday, Feb. 16, 2015. Days are flexible with a scheduled commitment of 2 hours each visit. End date is as long as mutually desired. BENEFIT: Orientation to American Red Cross. Students, this is a great way to fulfill those community service hours required for a degree or scholarship. Meet new people and experience the rewards of goodwill service. TO SIGN UP: Interested individuals can e-mail Sandra Johnson (Sandra.Johnson2@redcross.org) WALK- INS WELCOME: Red Cross Office2706 W. Oxford Loop, Suite 105Oxford, MS. 38655(662) 236-1282
- Mississippi Health Sciences Mentoring Program at the University of Mississippi Medical Center. The goal of this program is to connect students at UMMC with undergraduates around the state of Mississippi in one-on-one mentor-mentee relationships. These relationships will be mutually beneficial; our professional students will gain valuable experience in mentoring, and undergraduate students will have willing and enthusiastic mentors who can guide them and answer questions about all aspects of professional schooling. Ideally, the relationships will last one school year, though this is flexible. The mentors and mentees can choose to either meet in person or contact each other via phone, Skype, or e-mail. An undergraduate student will be paired with a UMMC student who is in a program in which the undergraduate has an interest. We will send an e-mail to students that describes specific roles and responsibilities of being a mentee. The link for registering for the Mississippi Health Sciences Mentoring Program is:http://www.umc.edu/Education/Academic_Affairs/Current_Students/Mississippi_Health_Sciences_Mentoring_Program.aspx
- The North Mississippi VISTA Project is pleased to announce the availability of twenty-four (24) full-time summer positions devoted to fighting poverty through education. These “summer associates” will serve at non-profit organizations and schools in Crenshaw, Como, Sardis, Gravel Springs, Holly Springs, and Oxford. Associates will receive a modest living allowance of approximately $420 every two weeks, a $1,174 Segal Education Award at the end of the term, orientation and training, and significant experience in education. These are full-time positions that will begin on Monday, 2 June and conclude on Friday, 1 August. Associates must be 18 years or older by 2 June and must be U.S. Citizens or national or legal residents. This is a wonderful opportunity to serve the state and nation. The mission of AmeriCorps VISTA has remained constant since being mandated by Congress in 1964, “AmeriCorps VISTA builds permanent infrastructure in non-profit organizations to help them more effectively bring individuals and communities out of poverty.” Students interested in this national service opportunity should e-mail Susan Nicholas at email@example.com .
- Camellia Hospice of Oxford is recruiting loving and caring volunteers to serve our patients and their families during their most sensitive time in life. For over 35 years, Camellia Hospice has been providing at home skilled medical care to those most in need. Our volunteers enhance the level of service we give, allowing our patients to remain in the comforts of their own home through this fragile time. For more information, please contact Rev. Marjorie Buckley, 662-832-0336, 662-238-7771, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Physician Shadowing program offered at North Mississippi Medical in Tupelo in the summer. This program is for students who are pre-med majors and have completed their sophomore year of college. Click here for more information.