- Baylor College of Medicine has a great opportunity for undergraduate students who are interested in attending medical school. The Michael E. DeBakey Summer Surgery Program was founded by Dr. Michael E. DeBakey and encourages the development and interest of well-qualified undergraduate students who are considering a medically oriented career. Applications for Summer 2016 will open October 1st and close February 1st. Undergraduate college students are welcome to apply to attend this 8 week program which begins early June and concludes late July. For students interested in applying, please visit our applicant website for more information click here.More information can be reviewed at our website. Please explore here!
- Health Careers Development Program at UMMC, Jackson: The Health Careers Development Program is an eight week program that provides observational learning opportunities designed to help undergraduate, graduate, and professional students/learners to explore career opportunities in health care and understand the education and skills that different occupations require. Opportunities are available to shadow: Physicians, Researchers, Dentists, Pharmacists, Nurse practitioners, Physician assistants, Nurses, Physical therapists, Occupational therapists, Dental hygienists & Respiratory therapists. For more information, contact Dr. Gaarmel Funches Phone: (601)984-1336. For more information please visit: http://www.umc.edu/Administration/Multicultural_Affairs/Health_Careers_Development_Program.aspx .
- Here is a link to an article about new volunteer services director’s goal to increase the number of helping hands at UMMC hospitals.
Premedical students interested in such opportunities should call (601) 984-2068 and identify themselves as prospective medical school applicants.
- The application deadline is fast approaching for the Mississippi Rural Physicians Scholarship Program & Mississippi Rural Dentists Scholarship Program.
- You must complete the online application. Click for physician application or the dental application.
- You need three letters of evaluation from faculty. Please send your faculty this link for the physician program or this link for the dentists program so that they can fill out the evaluation online.
- You need a letter of recommendation from a leader in your hometown or hometown region. This can be emailed email@example.com, faxed to 601-815-9519, or mailed to MRPSP/MRDSP, attention Wahnee Sherman, 2500 North State Street, Holmes Learning Resource Center, Suite U007, Jackson, MS 39216.
- You must submit college transcripts of all college work either by mail (to address above) or through e-Scripts.
- You must submit a copy of your ACT/SAT scores either my email, fax or mail. These can be unofficial copies.
All of these items must be received by February 15, 2015 to our office in order to be considered for admittance into the MS Rural Physicians Scholarship Program or the MS Rural Dentists Scholarship Program.