Students will pursue a Master of Athletic Training in order to become a certified Athletic Trainer (AT). This is a terminal degree that takes 2 years of school after you earn your bachelor’s degree. Preparation for the athletic training program involves curricular and extracurricular experiences that demonstrate communication and leadership skills, community service, and an internship within the athletic training profession.
The University of Mississippi’s Master of Athletic Training is housed in the School of Applied Science on our campus in Oxford, MS.
To enter athletic training programs, you will need
- Bachelor’s degree in any major that you choose,
- Specific courses required by Athletic Training School,
- Experience in an athletic training setting, such as working with an athletic trainer,
- A competitive Graduate Record Exam (GRE) score,
- Letters of evaluation that address personal qualities and characteristics of the applicant, and
- Evidence of leadership and community involvement.
It’s never too early to start thinking about preparation for an athletic training program.